We enjoyed 11 days in Cancun for our honeymoon at a nice place right on the beach. Jason found a great place that was away from the crowds and craziness of spring breakers. We snorkeled, did a snuba dive, got to play with dolphins, and swam in an underground river. The food was really good and the sand was warm and white.
Then back to reality - we both went back to work and then we started in on remodeling projects. We picked out flooring for the kitchen / laundry room, ordered cabinets for the laundry room, and started on the install. Erik - our teenage helper - came over to help and he put holes in our wall and laid down on the job but was able to install the dryer vent, laundry room cabinets, and lay the flooring with Jason.
Jason & I tackled installing a new front door and a new back door (on different days). The front door was harder to rip out and Jason had to cut down the siding a bit to get it to go in, but it is in and we are enjoying it. The back door had it's own issue - we got the wrong size, so I stayed at home without a back door while Jason did a quick exchange.
There was more flooring after the kitchen / laundry rooms were done so Jason laid flooring in the office too. We purchased a closet organizer and have new closet doors that are waiting to be hung. And we gave our old futon to friends and purchased a new one from IKEA that will be much more comfortable for guests (when the spare bed is already in use).
In the middle of September, Kate was laid off from Regence (along with 11 other employees). It was a shock but I am glad that we are okay financially and I'm glad that I was not one of those left behind with more work to do. So I am looking for a new job but they are few and far between and I haven't found anything yet.
In October, Jason surprised me with 2 days at the beach and a wonderful birthday gift. And I took a quick trip to Cali with my mom (both of which I will blog about separately).
One of our matchmaker's - Deborah - just purchased a new home in Sherwood and her youngest son, Erik, wanted to stay at David Douglas until he transfers to Australia as an exchange student in January. So Erik moved in with us two weeks ago and is staying with us so that he didn't have to transfer schools twice in a couple of months.
That is what has been happening with us since the wedding. And we are looking forward to Jason's mom coming up for Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner.










No comments:
Post a Comment